Every NightLight Collection piece is handcrafted by one of our artisans: women who are pursuing the life-giving employment and personal development opportunities that NightLight offers. Each necklace, earring, and bracelet helps break the cycle of exploitation in a woman’s life, bestowing dignity and providing a meaningful way for her to support herself and her family.
In Thai culture, daughters are responsible for providing for their parents and families. Many women from small, rural communities lack the skills and education to pursue employment opportunities that will meet their families’ needs. They often migrate to larger cities—like Bangkok—where they find few options outside the sex industry.
NightLight Collection, along with our Thai non-profit NightLight Foundation, reaches out to those working in Bangkok’s red light districts and offers them alternative employment opportunities.
With your NightLight Collection purchase, NightLight artisans are able to…
- Learn skills in handcrafted jewelry, sewing, sourcing, production, accounting, quality control, inventory, sales, and leadership
- Receive medical benefits, a savings plan, and salary increases based on performance and fund availability
- Participate in English and life skills classes, as well as personal and spiritual development opportunities
- Leverage NightLight’s child care center, a safe haven for their children that helps break the cycle of exploitation
- Receive scholarships for ongoing education for themselves and their children
NightLight Collection is supported in the United States by NightLight International and the marketing, sales, distribution, and customer service team that works out of our Missouri branch. For more information about all the branches of NightLight International, visit our website www.nightlightinternational.com.